Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Classy Cards Hello Princess

Hi! Today I'm sharing a card I created for the new Letter It Challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such Blog.  I took inspiration from some of the gorgeous new dies now in the Classy Cards store.


I used Pearlescent Embossing Paste and the Memory Box Tula Stencil to create the background.  I die cut two of the same Tattered Lace Ferns, sponged distress ink on the edges with my Mini Blending Tool and then glued them to the embossed background.

The Poppystamps Princess Butterfly was cut twice, once with an apricot paper and again in white card stock.  I bent the edges of the butterflies to give them a more 3D appearance.  I then covered the white butterfly in glue and sprinkled it with glitter.  I attached the two butterflies together with glue, offsetting them a little so the bottom color would show.   I added rhinestones to the center of the butterfly and then popped it up with Joy Foam Pads.


I wrapped the top layer of card  stock with twine  and then used Joy Foam Pads to adhere it to the green card stock underneath.  I glued down the green layer and then cut the Hello word out of the same green card stock with an Impression Obsession alphabet die.

Thanks for stopping by!  

Supplies

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Jenny, you've done beautiful card. I love the background effect you've done with the stencil, it's great :)
Jen, once you've asked me about my "prince"... yes, he's exactly like this... "destructive" His two sisters never destructed as much as this "little man" ;) Hugs! Barbara