Monday, November 24, 2014

Classy Cards Bright Christmas

Hello friends, I designed this card for our new Classy Cards 'n Such challenge, Christmas Brights.  To me this challenge meant non-traditional Christmas colors.  I chose pink and blue and added sparkles.  I decorate with more traditional colors but it was a lot of fun to branch out and create something "out-of-the-box" for me.


I began by looking through my non-Christmas designer paper but most of it wasn't as bright as I wanted.  I found this pretty blue polka dot paper in my Basic Grey hey you paper pad.  I cut the Memory Box Addison Ornament out of white card stock and then sponged it with pink distress ink before covering it with pink stickles.  I used the negative from the die cut and pasted the design paper behind it.  After the stickles were dry I glued the Addison Ornament to the blue paper.

I added the sentiment from a clear Hero Arts set I had in my stash using a pink Memento ink.  I then positioned the main panel and attached it to the A2 card base with thin foam tape. The pine bough was cut from Impression Obsession's Pine Branch die.  I covered it with glue and sprinkled Stampendous' Frantage Shaved Ice on top.  I then looped a piece of silver cord through the branch and connected it to the top of the Addison Ornament that I'd covered in platinum stickles.

This project may not be as bright as I had hoped but it really sparkles! I hope you can join us this week, I can't wait to see your creations.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies

Challenge Entered
Scrapyland Add Texture

4 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a gorgeous Christmas Card! I love the sparkle on that ornament! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #6!

Patricia St Martin said...

Just beautiful! I love what you created. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog


Donna Ellis said...

Oh! What a pretty, sparkly card! I especially LOVE the use of the negative portion of the die cut in your card - fabulous! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

This is gorgeous! Love your color choices. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.