Friday, March 14, 2014

Enchanting Garden


This was a lot of fun to design.  Impression Obsession has gorgeous dies and EVERYTHING on this card is from IO.  I was inspired by a photo of sempervivum I saw on pinterest.  I love the varied colors and textures and have added a nice little collection to my garden over the past few years. 

I thought the little IO rolled roses from the Spiral Flowers die would make perfect sempervivum.  The hanging yellow "sedum" was created using the Leafy Branch die.  I rolled each of the "flowers"  with a quilling tool and used foam tape to add dimension.  After I had adhered the buckets and sempervivum to the card I decided cut my background with the spellbinders label 8 die.  Since the little sempervivum were already attached I ended up pressing all my little rolled hens & chicks.  I considered rolling new ones but realized the sempervivum looked possibly more realistic flattened.  It really brought out the copic coloring.  You can see below what my in-progress photo looked like before running it through the big shot. 


The smaller metal bucket was made by cutting the bottom off a second IO bucket die cut.  The buckets were colored with Copics and then the sponged with distress ink.  I cut the Enchanting Day tag freehand with a scissor and brushed distress ink on the edges.

Finally, I added shimmer. Lots of it!  I used my new Wink of Stella brush on the hollyhocks and edges of the tag. It might be difficult to see in the photo but there is also a line of shimmer that follows along the top edge of the white layer.  This card really glitters and my daughter tells me it would be perfect garden for a fairy.  So the next card I make with shimmering enchanted hollyhocks will include one.  :)

Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Impression Obsession Bucket DIE164-A
Impression Obsession Hollyhocks DIE169-R
Impression Obsession Spiral Flowers DIE042-I
Impression Obsession Grass DIE060-I
Impression Obsession Leafy Branch DIE055-N
Impression Obsession "Enchanting Day" Stamp
Spellbinders Labels Eight Die
Wink of Stella (clear), Copic Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Judkins Color Dusters, Quilling Tool

Challenges Entered
The Rubber Buggy Spring Flowers
Impression Obsession In the Garden
Simon Says Stamp Mothers Day or Special Girl
Open-minded Crafting Use Something Green
Stamp & Create Ready for Spring
Great Impressions Spring Celebrations
Savvy Handmade Cards Spring Flowers
Paper Pretties PWC301 Birthday Cards
Creative Fingers- Anything Goes #28
Make My Monday Spring (Top 3)

12 comments:

Lozzy said...

What a beautiful card and love all the pretty flowers..Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT.

Unknown said...

I love this card! The pots have such a realistic look with how you colored them and the the purple flowers are whimsical, perfect with the sentiment on the card.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is Simple Beautiful!! I LOVE all of those Die Cut and Rolled Flowers!! LOVE the Scene you created!! Makes me READY for Spring!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jeanne Streiff said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing the IO Challenge!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers Easter challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Andrea W said...

Marvelous card Jen! The flowers are so detailed and I love the fantastic colors you used. Thanks for sharing your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

Sue said...

This is stunning. Such a beautiful design and your flower are gorgeous.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

suzARTe said...

all the time you put into this card was certainly worth it. you have created a very pretty garden scene full of dimension and colour. I am sure your actual garen is beautiful.

Thanks so much for sharinng your card at Anything goes, just keep on creating :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us last week at Creative fingers Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining our MMM Spring challenge.
Fliss x
MMM DT

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW, what a beautiful card!! Love all the flowers! So pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at Great Impressions!!